Weekend Classes. We offer weekend classes year round at various locations.
Saturday classes run during the school calendar year: About Sept through June each year. Contact us for exact dates.
Sunday classes run year round. Please note we are closed for all major holidays. The schedule of closures is noted below. Saturday classes occur at St. Edwards Park Gym in Kenmore/Juanita. Sunday classes occur at HOT DOG USA Gym in Bridle Trails Shopping center, Kirkland. Click here for locations.
Thursday Practice Sessions: Starting Nov 1, 2018 we begin an open skate for the public from 7pm to 9pm at St. Edwards Park, Advantage Basketball Gym (indoors). $8 cash or check. $4 for skates if you need them. Helmet and gear required and loaned for free. Waiver must be read and signed, on site. Drop in only.
Trail Classes will return in Spring, 2019. Starting April 21st, we are offering Fitness on Skates at Log Boom Park AKA Tracy Owen Station. This course is a drop in class, so you either pay by the class, or it is deducted from your class packages. Level 3 and above, must be able to stop. Focus is on building your cardiovascular fitness. Must will willing to install WhatsApp Messenger on your phone due to inclement weather cancellations.
Don’t be late: Please note that returning students to our weekend classes (those who have already taken their first class) should be signed in no later than 15 minutes before class is set to start. Classes start “on the hour” so arrive at 10:45am for 11am classes, 9:45am for 10am classes and 8:45am for 9am classes. Early warm up starts at 8:30am.
New Students: You must arrive no later than 10:30am on Saturdays or Sundays to attend your FIRST class. Beginner-1 starts at 10:50am on both Saturday and Sundays
Before arriving at the rink, you MUST also
1.) Set up an account and
2.) Register for the B1 class (no matter what level of ability), prior to attending your first class. (B1)
We apologize in advance for the time it takes to set up the first class and thank you, in advance, for your adherence to these procedures. Once you are registered with an account and a class, and you show up at the times designated above, it’s time to ROLL! You’ll be so glad you did and we’ll be so glad to have you join us!
For Self Taught Skaters who believe they are beyond the Level 1 (can stop easily etc), we are happy to offer an assessment, contact Trish (see bottom of page) to set up this opportunity. However, please still sign up for the B1 Class as that is the procedure to be placed into an upper level class.
BYOH: Bring your own helmet. Kids, this is a must, bike helmet is fine. It’s a hygiene thing!
Holiday & Summer schedules: We are open on Sundays year round and on Saturdays September through and including June. We are CLOSED the following days:
- Christmas 2018 (Dec 23/24, 2018)
- New Years’ 2018 (Dec 28/29, 2018)
- Easter – (Sunday, April 21, 2019) Bridle Trails Class
- Mother’s Day – (May 12th, 2010) Bridle Trails Class
and the following weekends:
- Memorial Day (May 25/26, 2019)
- July 4th weekend (July 6/7, 2019)
- Labor Day (Aug 31 – Sept 1, 2019)
- Thanksgiving Day (Nov 30-Dec 1, 2019) (We do open for a fun free skate from 9am-11am on Thanksgiving)
- Holiday (Dec 21/22, 2019)
- New Years’ Day (Dec 28/29, 2019)
Saturday Morning Classes at St. Edwards Park, Kenmore, WA:
|Saturday Morning Classes. Classes occur at St. Edwards Park, Kenmore|
|9:20am||Staff set up|
|(50 minutes)||Level 4 Adults|
|Level 5 – Adults|
|Level 6- Adults|
|10:35am||Open skate until 11am (25 minutes) All registered SJ students may enjoy this session.|
|10:50am||Beginner-1 Kids & Adults|
|11am||Beginner-2 Adults & Beginner-3/4 Adults|
|Beginner-2 Kids & Beginner-3/4/5 Kids|
|Dance with Aviya|
|11:50||Classes end, open skate until 12:05pm (15 minutes)|
|Sunday Classes at Bridle Trails, Kirkland, WA|
|9am||Slalom (all ages and abilities welcome) This is ONLY available on certain weekends. We provide info in our weekly newsletter
Dance on Skates (AKASmall movement / R&B / Spot dancing)
|Level 4/5 Adults|
|Pairs (all levels B3 and above welcome, no partner needed)|
|9:50am||Classes end, open skate|
|10am||Dance with Aviya|
|Level 4/5 Adults|
|Level 4/5 Kids|
|10:50||B1 Classes start (kids and adults)|
|11:50||Classes end, open skate to 12:05 (15 minutes)|
- Each class B2 and above lasts 50 minutes and has a 10 minute pre-class warm up session and a ten minute post class session following the class. The 11pm class ends at 11:50 and has a 15 minute post class skate & play time on both Saturday and Sunday. B1 classes start at 10:50 and end at 11:50 (60 minutes)
- We offer a 25 minute open skate at our Saturday location. It’s a big and beautiful gym and it’s a great chance to skate to music, practice and hang out with friends and family. Available to all Skate Journeys Registered students.