Weekend Classes. We offer weekend classes year round at various locations. Saturday classes run during the school calendar year: About Sept through June each year. Contact us for exact dates.
Sunday classes run year round. Please note we are closed for all major holidays. The schedule of closures is noted below. Saturday classes occur at St. Edwards Park Gym in Kenmore/Juanita. Sunday classes occur at HOT DOG USA Gym in Bridle Trails Shopping center, Kirkland. Click here for locations.
Please note that there are no classes on August 20, 2017. Thank you!
Don’t be late: Please note that returning students to our weekend classes (those who have already taken their first class) must be signed in no later than 15 minutes before class is set to start. Classes start “on the hour” so arrive at 10:45am for 11am classes, 9:45am for 10am classes and 8:45am for 9am classes. Early warm up starts at 8:30am.
New Students: You must arrive no later than 10:30am on Saturdays or Sundays to attend your FIRST class.
Before arriving at the rink, you MUST also
1.) Set up an account and
2.) Register for the B1 class (no matter what level of ability), prior to attending your first class. (B1)
We apologize in advance for the time it takes to set up the first class and thank you, in advance, for your adherence to these procedures. Once you are registered with an account and a class, and you show up at the times designated above, it’s time to ROLL! You’ll be so glad you did and we’ll be so glad to have you join us!
For Self Taught Skaters who believe they are beyond the Level 1 (can stop easily etc), we are happy to offer an assessment, contact Trish (see bottom of page) to set up this opportunity. However, please still sign up for the B1 Class as that is the procedure to be placed into an upper level class.
BYOH: Bring your own helmet. Kids, this is a must, bike helmet is fine. It’s a hygiene thing!
Holiday & Summer schedules: We are open on Sundays year round and on Saturdays September through and including June. We are CLOSED the following days:
- Saturday March 18, 2017, St. Edwards – (gym will be used by other renter on this day)
- Easter – (Sunday, April 16th, 2017) Bridle Trails Class
- Mother’s Day – (May 14th, 2017) Bridle Trails Class
- Aug 20, 2017 – Closed – No Classes
and the following weekends:
- Memorial Day (May 27/28, 2017)
- July 4th (July 1/2, 2017)
- Labor Day (Sept 2/3, 2017) + the weekend following Sept 10/11, 2016)
- Thanksgiving Day (Nov 25/26, 2017)
- Christmas (Dec 23/34, 2017)
- New Years’ Day (Dec 30/31, 2017)
Saturday Morning Classes at St. Edwards Park, Kenmore, WA:
|Saturday Morning Classes. Classes occur at St. Edwards Park, Bothell|
|9am||Staff set up|
|9:30am||Slalom – Technique (all levels and ages welcome)|
|(50 minutes)||Level 4 – Adults|
|Level 5 – Adults|
|Level 6- Adults|
|10:20am||Open skate until 11am (40 minutes) All registered SJ students may enjoy this session.|
|11am||Beginner-1 Kids & Adults|
|(50 minutes)||Beginner-2 Adults & Beginner-3 Adults|
|Beginner-2 Kids & Beginner-3 Kids|
|Slalom- Expressive (all levels and ages welcome)|
|11:50||Classes end, open skate until 12:05pm (15 minutes)|
|Sunday Classes at Bridle Trails, Kirkland, WA|
|9am||Slalom (all ages and abilities welcome)|
|Level 4/5 Adults|
|Pairs (all levels B3 and above welcome, no partner needed)|
|9:50am||Classes end, open skate|
|10am||Slalom (all ages and abilities welcome)
|Level 4/5 Adults|
|Level 4/5 Kids|
|11:50||Classes end, open skate to 12:05 (15 minutes)|
|12:05||Classes end yes yes|
- Each class lasts 50 minutes and has a 10 minute pre-class warm up session and a ten minute post class session following the class. The 11pm class ends at 11:50 and has a 15 minute post class skate & play time on both Saturday and Sunday.
- New for 2016 is our 40 minute open skate at our Saturday location. It’s a big and beautiful gym and it’s a great chance to skate to music, practice and hang out with friends and family. Available to all Skate Journeys Registered students.
Inspiring confidence & empowering skaters on quads and inlines.