Hi everyone, By now you know that we are having an open skate on Mother’s Day at South Bellevue CC. If you buy tickets on line it’s only $10 and it’s $15 at the door. It’s going to be cloudy, so come indoors and skate with us!
And we are closed this Sunday for Mother’s Day. We resume on the 18th with our classes at Bridle Trails.
- FOS tomorrow on May 11th, Saturday at 10am at Log Boom Park – upcoming schedule attached RSVP please.
- Car Free Sundays for Skaters starts on May 19th at Adams Street Boat ramp 12:30 – 6 – Skate Journeys Mobile Skate Rental will be there!
- Hills And Hazards Class on May 18th at 2pm – 3:15pm at Crossroads Park
- Skate School Picnic on Sunday May 26th at Car Free Sunday at Adams Street Boat ramp
- Four Year Olds Class starts June 1st and runs June & July and then not again until September.
Details for highlights:
-We have a Fitness on Skates (FOS) class tomorrow at 10am at Log Boom Park, we should be only in the 60s (degree in weather) so it should be quite doable. Bring a water bottle. If you need info n this class, reach out to me. firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-276-9328. We will offer this class at 10am three times a month and at 2pm once a month (at the end of the month.
Upcoming Schedule for FOS:
May 11 & 18th at 10am. May 25th Memorial Day Weekend at 2pm
June 1 at 10am and June 8th at 2pm (no FOS on June 15, 22, 29) Resumes in July
July 6th and 13th at 10am and July 20th at 2pm.
-Car Free Sundays for skaters (and bikes). We are delighted to be joining in on the Car Free Sundays starting May 19th. Car Free Sundays are when they close down streets to skates and bikes and walking for the community. The Car Free Sunday occurs on Lake Washington Blvd in Seattle at Seward Park. It runs from Mount Baker to Seward Park. Some areas are rough and some are really nice patches. Come skate with us at any point during the day. We intend to bring out skaters to create a community event and simply skate together. It’s free unless you are renting out skates, so come, and bikes encouraged too.
May 19, 26
June 16 and 23
July 7 and 14
August 11 and 18
September 1, 8, and 15
What you need skates? We are the answer! Skate Journeys is now a Vendor for Seattle City Parks and Recreation and they have granted us a license to rent skates at the Adams Street Parking Lot. We will offer a free ten minute lessons with each rental. Also, you can get private lessons on the spot to for 15-30-45-60 minutes. You can have someone skate with you to learn the route. We can take cash, checks and credit/debit cards!
-Hills and Hazards Class May 18th at 2pm – 3:15 pm at Crossroads Park. This is for anyone who wants to learn to skates slight hills, or deal with the hazards of outdoor skating. This involves skating over obstacles like manhole covers, up down curbs, wheelchair ramps, crummy cement and hills/inclines/declines.
- You should be able to stop with a heel brake or toe stop to take this clinic and having a brake is a must. We introduce you slowly and you take on as much or as little as you want. You can re-take this class anytime we offer it, for free to update, renew, or learn additional skills.
- Same price as your regular classes at Bridle Trails.
- RSVP to email@example.com or 206-276-9328 (text only with your name)
- It is free to you if you’ve taken it before
- Inclement weather cancels so make sure you are on the RSVP list.
Skate School Picnic on Memorial Day weekend, Sunday May 26th at Seward Park, Car Free Sunday. Come bring an item to enjoy, we will have tables, utensils, water, and some treats. Come Spend Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend with us from 12-6pm and you can skate, play and enjoy our community. (Mostly 12-3pm.) We’ve been invited, or are inviting a few other local skate groups, so we intend a big turnout. Weather permitting. No RSVP, just get us on your calendar.
And FYI, Four Year Olds Class starts the first Sunday in June at 9am. Register in advance. How old? Four year olds. We tried adding 3 year olds last year, but it didn’t work, so just 4 year olds. https://skatejourneys.org/?page_id=1087 for details.