We are pleased to offer a plethora of summer skate camps again this year. Our camps have occurred for nearly two decades and have evolved because of the feedback from our parents and campers, and increased in participation only due to word of mouth. The camp is for real learning as we offer five levels of skills that the campers can move through during the week. We offer skating skills through quality lesson time and fun games that underscore the lessons.
General Information about our Camps and Curriculum:
Mornings focus on skating from 9-noon and the afternoons provide the campers a wide variety of non-skating choices and are well known for an open atmosphere for a wide variety of activites: staying local at the playground/play area on campus; card & board games; arts & crafts; down time; up-time; social time to connect with new and longtime friends; quality time with our counselors and an opportunity to enjoy team and mostly non-competitive games. The campers choose their activities hourly. Also, when weather permits, skating is an option for at least one hour in the afternoons.
Half-day camps fill within days of the opening of camp registration — Note that there are only 8 spots per camp for our indoor skating camps (#’s 1-4)
Focus is on skating from 9-noon. Our counselors provide learning, safety and fun throughout the day.
Campers return year after year, attend multiple camps each year, and often become counselors* after aging out of camp at 12. We are grateful to the parents who share with us the wonderful conversations the kids have each night about what they learned, played and enjoyed. Skate Journeys Skate Camps makes a positive difference in the campers, and counselors’ lives and we are committed to a positive, fun, learning and social atmosphere.
*Our Camp Counselors consist of both volunteers and paid staff. Our in-house Instructor Apprentice Program offers preparatory training for the SkateIA Instructor Certification. SkateIA Certification requires that they must pass at 85%, the Skate IA Certification Program which focuses on a Teaching Model, safety, fun and learning. It is part of our Youth Development Program that encourages, empowers and creates terrific opportunities for skaters to learn responsibility through teaching skating, Camp Counseling and improving their own skating skills. Your child could be a camper today and Camp Counselor tomorrow.
We offer a 1-5 ratio of instructors-to-campers during the skating portion. Our instructors are Certified by Skate Instructors Association and range in age from 12-40. We also have volunteer non-instructor staff.
Our camps are appropriate for kids 6 years of age and older, including kids who are brand new beginners, advanced beginners, intermediates and advanced. There are no refunds, switching days, or switching camps due to illness. Please make sure you choose with the intention of taking that week of camp. Thanks! Cutting down on our administrative fees allows us to keep our prices down and allow our school to thrive–thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please note that any child attending the Crossroads Camp must have taken at least one of our previous summer camps. (Non-negotiable as it is a safety issue for your child.)
2019 Prices (same as 2018):
Full Day Camp: $360
Half Day Camp: $200 Limited spots available (8 spots/indoor camp)
- Once again this year we have enhanced and simplified registration via the link on this page using Webscorer. There is no need to open a Skate Journeys account, and this will avoid unnecessary duplication of information.
- You will receive a detailed invoice immediately after purchase. Keep that for your taxes. (Please note the the EIN# is our tax number for your reporting purposes.) Attached you will find information on purchasing and/or renting skates, skate recommendation, and helmet-fitting guides.
- Parents may enroll their children in multiple camps per form.
- Please note our refund policy below!
- Rentals may be requested for multiple camps as well. One form per child. Rentals are fully refundable if you decide to purchase skates on or before the first day of camp.
- All camps will display the number/type of spots that are still available and will place you automatically on our wait list, if full, simply by pressing the button provided further down the registration page. Joining the wait list is free and does not commit you until registration is offered and accepted. If a space opens up, you will receive an invitation link to submit your saved registration details and simply pay to complete.
- Your 2019 camp medical release forms will be sent prior to camp and must be brought with you on the first day of camp. Only one one form is needed per family per camp year. These are fillable PDFs that may be completed, saved onto your computer, and printed. Our 2019 form is also available here .
2019 Camps and Locations:
Jewish Day School (This is a new location for summer 2019!)
15749 Northeast 4th Street, Bellevue, WA 98008. This is a gated facility. Parents will receive a unique code per camp in order to enter for drop-off and pick-up.
Important: Our camps are offered to children aged 6-12. Children must be 6 years of age on or before the first day of camp. Thank you!
2019 Summer Camp Dates
CAMP #1 June 24 – 28
CAMP #2 July 8 – 12 Waitlist Only
CAMP #3 July 22 – 26 Waitlist Only
Camp #4 July 29 – Aug 2 Waitlist Only
Camp #5 August 12 – 16 (Open only to children who have done 1 indoor camp)
Location: Crossroads Community Park 16120 NE 8th Street, Bellevue WA
Please note that Crossroads Park is full day only – no half-day available for our outdoor camp. See prerequisite below:
Important prerequisite for the camp at Crossroads Park: Any camper attending this camp MUST have previously attended one of our other indoor/outdoor camps. There are no exceptions to this rule. This is our specialty camp which includes field games, water spray fun and other great opportunities this location provides. We have rented the large covered picnic area. We do not have a rain location, other than the covered picnic area and Crossroads Mall. We may go to a movie at Crossroads, do crafts in the mall, go for ice cream, all sorts of fun for the campers. (The movie costs will be an extra fee and we will coordinate in advance.) This prerequisite only applies to the #5 camp at Crossroads. You can attend any of our camps 1-4 this summer, to meet the prerequisite or have attended any camp in the prior years.
SKATE JOURNEYS CAMP REFUND POLICY:
- 90+ Days prior to first day of camp: 100% refund
- 60 – 89 Days prior to first day of camp: 75% refund
- 30-59 Days prior to first day of camp: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days prior to first day of camp: No Refunds
- If you cancel within 24 hours of registration: No Charge
Skate and Safety Gear Rental: We offer rentals of high quality SEBA inline skates (Rollerblade-type) and Triple Eight gear for the week, so you don’t have to purchase your own. We do not rent quad/roller skates, but we do encourage and teach to both inline & quad skaters.
- Skate Rental $35/week (plus tax)
- Safety Gear $10/week (plus tax)
- Helmet Rental $15/week (plus tax)
Please note that we reserve the right to not allow certain brands and models of skates at our camp due to their poor quality and the potential that they could damage the floor. Please see our Equipment page for details.
Require Skates & Gear? (rental links below)
For your convenience, we offer rental skates and protective gear. When you register for a camp (elbow, knee, and wrist guards are all required). If you purchase your own skates or gear prior to camp, we will gladly refund the rental price you paid on or before the first day of camp. While you are not required to rent ahead of time, doing so will allow for an easier first day at camp and will simplify the payment process.
Please bring your own helmet. While we do have a limited supply of helmets available for rental, due to hygiene considerations, we strongly suggest that you provide your own. Bicycle helmets are acceptable as long as they fit well and are adjusted properly (see Helmet Fitting Guide).
While we only have inline (Rollerblade) skates available in our rental fleet, many of our instructors wear quad roller skates and teach in them. For additional information on choosing/buying skates, gear, and helmets, see our see our Equipment page.
Registration & Rental Links (sign up here!):
All half-day camps are currently full. You may add yourself to the waitlist.
Drop-Off/Pick-Up & Aftercare: The skating portion of the camp takes place during the morning hours from 9 am to noon. Drop-off may be as early as 8:30 am. Half-day campers may stay until 12:15 pm. The afternoon session from 1-4 pm includes crafts, games and when possible, outdoor skating. After-camp care (4-5:30 pm) is available by arranging it in the morning at drop off. (see below for more details on after care.)
Given the popularity of our summer camps, you are only given the choice of attending a full week, no partial camps are offered. For camps #1-4, there are 29 full day and 8 half day slots for each Summer Camp at Jewish Day School. Crossroads Park Camp #5 August 12-16, which is only full day, offers 24 spots.
Aftercare: Our full day camps run until 4 pm. You must pick your child up by no later than 4:05 pm or you will be charged $1 per minute for each minute you are late. Aftercare is available, if prearranged the same morning at drop off. Aftercare runs from 4-5:30 pm and costs $10 per child, per hour. Those late to after care will also be charged $1 per minute beginning at 5:35 pm. Aftercare is provided by our Senior Camp Counselors and you pay the aftercare person each day. You are NOT contracting with Skate Journeys for your aftercare.
Thank you for considering sending your child to camp. It’s a terrific experience, one that will expand your child’s experience of what is possible in their life and their future.
- Still Have Questions?
Feel free to contact Trish or Lisa, at the numbers below, if you have any questions, or concerns.
- And as always, fee waivers are offered for our camp. The form can be found under “forms” on this website, and you are welcome to call Trish or Lisa to discuss. Don’t let money be a barrier to sending your child to camp!
- Still Have Questions?
- Contact Lisa about:
assistance with registration/documentation
- Contact Trish about:
The daily schedule
Anything else that occurs during camp