Note: New Students – Please click on the New Students tab in order to register/pay for your first lesson.
New Location: Also, note that most of our classes will now be held at Marymoor Park at the Athletic Slab where you will need a $1 bill to pay for parking. The Athletic slab is adjacent to the cricket field, the climbing wall and the velodrome.
We will be changing up how you register for classes and be offering In-Person classes when weather allows, and ONLINE classes later in October. We are super excited to be changing what we offer based on what is possible in the Pacific Northwest. Our intention is to offer programming that will get you (and kids) moving in a variety of ways that meet our mission of Teaching & Transforming lives through Roller & Inline skating.
Cost You may use your (previously purchased) indoor class packages for the 20-minute private lessons and schedule those as the weather allows. (Each class = 20 minutes.) When those are used up you may purchase additional classes at $20 for 20 minutes. It will be a private lesson with social distancing.
How it works:
- Once we have a sunny day for classes our link will have a list of open slots for Returning Students. You will select the following: Instructor & Kids/Adult, Level 2, 3, 4, 5. It will be tailored to your level and ability.
- You will purchase your Returning Class at the time you register.
- If you have classes on account you will receive a code for the payment. If you do not have classes on account, you will need to pay when you register.
- You will fill out a minimum of information, including your phone so we can text you with any cancellations.
- Make sure to designate shoe size and if you need gear as it will be need to be prepared for your use at the time the instructor shows up-they will be teaching when you arrive, so simply ask for your skate and gear basket–it is reserved just for you!
- Show up for class 15 minutes early.
Buying 20-minute sessions:
- Please buy only what you are able to use up until/including Sunday, September 30th. There can be no refunds.
- Please see purchase policy below.
Cancellations: Should you need to cancel we ask for a minimum of 2 hours notice, however if you, your partner, or you child is at all ill or experiencing the symptoms (click here for a list of Covid symptons as indicated by the CDC) please cancel as soon as possible and we will be happy to reschedule. The health of our students and staff always comes first. If we do not fill the slot and you do not alert us to cancel, we reserve the right to charge you $10 to cover the instructor’s cost, who is scheduled to teach the private lesson.
Please cancel your lesson if:
- You/your child have a fever above 100.4 degrees F
- You/your child have a persistent dry cough
- You/your child have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19
- You/your child has any other symptoms that lead you to believe that COVID-19 has been contracted
Purchase Policy / Returns & Refunds We appreciate that you have invested your time, energy, and money with us to help YOU reach YOUR skating goals; so thank you for reading and agreeing to the following:
For All Lessons and Lesson Packages (indoor or outdoor):
1. Lessons Packages once purchased are non-refundable.
2. Indoor lesson weekend packages are available for use within the immediate family for 4 months – 1 year* after the purchase date. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of Skate Journeys, and any extension request must occur at least one week prior to expiration.
3. Unused lessons are non-refundable
4. Prior to expiration, any unused portions may be donated to Skate Journeys for those who would otherwise be unable to afford lessons. The remaining value donated is tax-deductible.
*4-pack (4 months from purchase date), 6-pack (6 months from purchase date), 10 or 20-pack (12 months from purchase date), Outdoor 20-minute lessons (until Sept 13/20)
We love that you’ve invested with us, so thank you for being a part of the skate community here!
• You may share use of lesson packages within the immediate family and household members for outdoor classes with the exception of the first class. You will need to purchase a first class separately for each new skater in your household.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Trish (see bottom of this webpage)