Due to COVID-19, Skate Journeys is now offering private lessons in 20 and 30-minute increments at Crossroads Park in Bellevue. Address: Bellevue Crossroads Park (basketball court), 16140 NE 8th St, Bellevue, WA 98008 enter on NE 8th Avenue at Kindering Center parking lot (next to fire station)
When: Between 11am and 3pm for new students & returning students
Cost Returning students: You may use your class packages for the 20-minute private lessons and schedule those as the weather allows. (Each class = 20 minutes.) New purchases of classes is through Lisa at $20 per 20 minutes.
Cost New students: Your first class is $28 (30 minute private lesson) and your second class (20 minute private lesson) is free. Inline/Rollerblade skates are provided for your first 4 classes. We do not provide helmets! And you may use bike helmets. Family/Group Classes.
Group classes: Families can take a class together so two from the same family is $28 for each person and class lasts an hour. 3-4 from the same family is $28 for each person and the class still only lasts 60 minutes. We do not add 30 minutes for each person beyond the 2nd person. (If you prefer can you can schedule a series of 30 minute classes for each person, and they will be one-on-one with the instructor. This means that 3 people can each have a 30 minute one-on-one class-and we cannot guarantee they occur successive due to our scheduling demands.) This can also be done with friends.
Group rates for Private classes: $60 for one person for an hour, $15 for each additional person (so 60 minutes = $75 for 2 people) Skate & Gear (no helmet) rental is charged for private lessons at $20 per person.
New students are welcome, and please note that there is a different procedure for anyone new to Skate Journeys.
- Open an account here: Click here to create an account.
- Purchase classes for all students
- Contact Lisa@skatejourneys.org to schedule your first class
- Sign double waiver (liability and hold harmless/covid)
- Show up for class!
More details for new students:
- Please open a new account with us. Start with yourself, then add any family members. Click here to create an account. (Parents must create an account for themselves if they are going to be the person purchasing the classes) (Accept the newsletter so you know when we can offer classes)
- click here to purchase your first class once you have created your account. (You go into each person’s account to purchase a class for them.) We recommend you leaving a credit card on account so we can easily assist you in purchasing future classes)
- Once you have created an account & purchased your first Beginner-1 Class, please email Lisa@skatejourneys.org and she will schedule you for your first class (after the first class you will schedule yourself for all future classes.)
- All first classes are held in 30-minute slots. Cost is $28. This includes a second free class (20 minutes) and skates/safety gear for 4 sessions. Once you have booked a time, click here to purchase your first class once you have created your account and scheduled.
- In order facilitate social distancing, we will send your our liability waiver via DocuSign. These forms must be completed prior to class time.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class time = 12:45pm for a 1pm class.
- Up to 4 family members can take our First Class together.
New Students – Please read these suggestions for a successful first lesson
Cancellations: Should you need to cancel we ask for a minimum of 2 hours notice. Please take your temperature before leaving for classes. We will not be taking temps because the hand held machines do not appear to be accurate. And if you, your partner, or you child is ill or experiencing Covid symptoms, please cancel as soon as possible and we will be happy to reschedule. The health of our students and staff always comes first. This would include CDC guidelines for Covid symptoms.
Please cancel your lesson if you believe you have any symptoms as listed and/or if:
- You/your child have a fever above 100.4 degrees F
- You/your child have a persistent dry cough
- You/your child have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19
- You/your child has any other symptoms that lead you to believe that COVID-19 has been contracted
Purchase Policy / Returns & Refunds:
We appreciate that you have invested your time, energy, and money with us to help YOU reach YOUR skating goals; so thank you for reading and agreeing to the following:
For All Lessons and Lesson Packages (indoor or outdoor):
1. Lessons Packages once purchased are non-refundable.
2. Indoor lesson weekend packages are available for use within the immediate family for 4 months – 1 year* after the purchase date. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of Skate Journeys, and any extension request must occur at least one week prior to expiration.
3. Unused lessons are non-refundable.
4. Prior to expiration, any unused portions may be donated to Skate Journeys for those who would otherwise be unable to afford lessons. The remaining value donated is tax-deductible.
Length of use for packages: *4-pack (4 months from purchase date), 6-pack (6 months from purchase date), 10 or 20-pack (12 months from purchase date), Outdoor 20-minute lessons (until Sept 13/20)
We love that you’ve invested with us, so thank you for being a part of the skate community here!
Terms & Conditions
•You may share use of lesson packages within the immediate family and household members for outdoor classes with the exception of the first class.
You will need to purchase a first class separately for each new skater in your household.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Trish or Lisa (see bottom of this webpage)