New Students should subscribe to the newsletter on the interest form as we ONLY will be sending out information on registering when classes are offered through the newsletter as our website is not updating correctly or consistently (and we are sorry about that–a new one is being build). We have been offering free classes on zoom twice a month. Get the newsletter for the next class.
We are now offering classes to new students at our Marymoor Park Location: the Athletic Slab next to the velodrome. Bring $1 in cash or debit card for parking.
Due to COVID-19, Skate Journeys is now offering private lessons in 20 and 30-minute increments. As we are into Fall/Winter, our classes will be offered in person when the weather allows and ONLINE at specified times. We are in the process of creating new methods to register, so bear with us while we convert to the new system during the first half of October.
Beginner-1 Students. This applies to all students who begin classes with Skate Journeys, no matter your level. This option matriculates you into the school. Your class will be a private lesson and tailored to your level, ability and goals.
Here is your link to sign up for your First Class: You can only use it when we know we have classes happening- feel free to reach out to Trish (email below) to find out when the next classes will be. Get on our newsletter to be alerted FIRST!: https://skatejourneys.secure.force.com/default/cnp_paas_evt__EventListingPage?elid=a2H0d000001K7VYEA0&rld=551870&
Cost New students: Your first class is $35 and includes a 30 minute private lesson with an Instructor and if in-person, it includes skates and gear, if needed. We provide Inline/Rollerblade skates only with 4 free rentals We do not provide helmets! You may use bike helmets.
Returning students: Once you have taken your first class you are considered a returning student and your classes will run $20 for 20 minutes. Any previous students with classes on account may use those class packages towards any lesson. One class from your package = One 20 minute lesson.
Group classes: Families can take a class together so two from the same family is $35 for each person and the class will last one hour for two, three or four from the same family.
New students are welcome, and please note that there is a different procedure for anyone new to Skate Journeys.
- Once we have a sunny day for classes our link will have a list of open slots for Beginner – 1 classes. You will select the Beginner-1 class for your first class. It will be tailored to your level and ability. While registering for this class we will take some additional information to create your account. (If you select a returning class, you will only get a 20 minute first class, so make sure you select the Beginner -1 class for your first class. It’s $35 for 30 minutes.
- You will purchase your first class at the time you register.
- You will be sent a Docusign waiver. It is possible it will show up in clutter/junk. You must sign that, online, in order to be able to take the class. The document includes both a liability and hold harmless/covid waiver. Parents will sign same for kids.
- Make sure to designate shoe size and if you need gear as it will be need to be prepared for your use at the time the instructor shows up-they will be teaching when you arrive, so simply ask for your skate and gear basket–it is reserved just for you!
- Show up for class 15 minutes early.
New Students – Please read these suggestions for a successful first lesson
Cancellations: Should you need to cancel we ask for a minimum of 2 hours notice. Please take your temperature before leaving for classes. We will not be taking temps because the hand held machines do not appear to be accurate. And if you, your partner, or you child is ill or experiencing Covid symptoms, please cancel as soon as possible and we will be happy to reschedule. The health of our students and staff always comes first. This would include CDC guidelines for Covid symptoms.
Please cancel your lesson if you believe you have any symptoms as listed and/or if:
- You/your child have a fever above 100.4 degrees F
- You/your child have a persistent dry cough
- You/your child have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19
- You/your child has any other symptoms that lead you to believe that COVID-19 has been contracted
Purchase Policy / Returns & Refunds:
We appreciate that you have invested your time, energy, and money with us to help YOU reach YOUR skating goals; so thank you for reading and agreeing to the following:
For All Lessons and Lesson Packages (indoor or outdoor):
1. Lessons Packages once purchased are non-refundable.
2. Classes are available for use within the immediate family for 4 months – 1 year* after the purchase date. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of Skate Journeys, and any extension request must occur at least one week prior to expiration.
3. Unused lessons are non-refundable.
4. Prior to expiration, any unused portions may be donated to Skate Journeys for those who would otherwise be unable to afford lessons. The remaining value donated is tax-deductible.
Packages: Skate Journeys used to sell group classes but no longer offer them due to Covid and only teaching outdoor or online classes. So this section only applies to those who have invested in those packages. Please know that we intend to extend the actual classes to a timeframe that works for you. However, due to government regulations, we must expire them at the end of one year. And, when we do that, we re-crate them as a coupon in your ‘account’ instead of a $Dollar amount. If you bought a 6 pack and used 2, you will have 4 coupons in your account for future classes. Thanks to all of you who are hanging in there with us! We love that you’ve invested with us, so thank you for being a part of the skate community here!
Terms & Conditions
•You may share use of lesson packages within the immediate family and household members for outdoor classes with the exception of the first class.
You will need to purchase a first class separately for each new skater in your household.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Trish (see bottom of this webpage)