Our mission is "To teach and transform lives through inline and roller skating."
Weekly Class Updates
Gear up everyone, there are a LOT of opportunities to skate in November!
1. Regular classes this weekend! Saturday we open at 9:15am and Sunday at 8:15am. See the Class Schedule below.
2. Shaun is teaching Skate Jam on Sunday at 10am! (this class doesn’t happen every week)
3. Roller Fitness is a HIIT! (like the pun?) 9:40am for 15 minutes both Saturdays and Sundays. Followed by 5 minutes of stretching. FREE with your class purchase!
Upcoming Classes & Events
1. Free Thanks-Skate-Giving Skate on Thanksgiving Day from 9am to 11am at LB&S (Lynnwood Bowl & Skate)
2. Thanksgiving Day Weekend Skate CAMP (Holiday Camp) with updated pricing!
Fri/Sat/Sun Nov 24-26, 9am – noon CAMP offers, open skate time, game time, slalom space, and some lesson time.
$20 per hour, $50 for all three hours
Includes a Beginner skate class from 11am to 11:45am.
Drop off your kids, adults welcome too!
It’s all drop in, so come and skate. You will pay at the front desk, mobile pay. more info
3. Holiday Camp in Dec (27/28/29) 9am to noon for kids and adults (see Thanksgiving Day Weekend camp for same deets) more info
4. New Client Portal and Class Packages. Starting December 2nd, all our classes will move to drop-in. If you want to prepay for classes, you can by buying packages of 4 with a reduced price ($120 or $30 per class)
5. Closure days:
Nov 25/26 (but you can attend camp!)
Dec 23/24 & 30/31
Tip of the Week
Always carry your skate tools with you.
Even if you don’t rotate your own wheels, or replace the parts, at some point you will need to know what to do. YouTube has great videos, and your local skate shop can show you what you need to know!
We are delighted to spotlight Jessica Evans in our Employee Spotlight:
Jessica has been skating and teaching with us for years. She got certified when we were still at Skate King in Bellevue. And since then, her son Toby and ‘newish’ husband David has also gotten certified as Skate Instructors. With Jessica, it’s a family package, and even son Tommy shows up and skates occasionally. Jessica added to her accomplishments by getting Certified Level 2 in July. What you don’t know about Jessica is that she is a big time volunteer to Skate Journeys behind the scenes. This lovely person teaches nearly every Saturday and Sunday (even though she has a full-time job at a law firm) and during the week she sorts out the Instructor teaching grid – getting staff to sign up for weekend classes, sorting out who will teach which classes, and relaying that info to our Database person, Jillian, every single week.
Jessica also just loves to skate. She has a bunch of us staying until noon and skating together post classes (after a quick drive through at Starbucks) and we all get to enjoy skating from noon until 1pm together. Jessica always has a smile, volunteers about 32 hours a month, and well, is such an impactful contribution to our organization. She is delightful, insightful, and an all-around GREAT person. Jessica, thanks for who you are and how you contribute at classes and behind the scenes!
CANCELLATION / CONTACT INFORMATION:
Email [email protected] or TEXT 206-276-9328 if you need to cancel. (Don’t call as we are busy with class).Please review cancellation policy.
TAKING 2 CLASSES ON SUNDAYS?
One person-two classes. Watch newsletter in your email for code.
You receive the Second class at $17.50 only if you sign up for the Beginning Class (if you start at upper levels, you do not receive the discount)
Classes on Account? Reach out to me if you lose the code.
Thank you for your support! Trish & the SJ Team